Although the outcome of the New Zealand General Election on Saturday was not what I desired, consensus among friends is that if we had the choice to change the outcome, but in order to do so America had to give up Obama and have McCain, there’s no way we would do it!
Obama benefits everyone and New Zealand is pretty centre aligned anyway with the two main parties barely left and right of centre.
I’ve been pretty disgusted with all of the recent comments left on Stuff in relation to election articles. Right leaning citizens accusing lefties of having no brain, accusing beneficiaries of being lazy dole bludgers who don’t deserve to be able to vote! It makes me sick, I didn’t realise we had such creeps here.
Anyway, this is what I wore to vote
- V neck t-shirt – Ezibuy
- Satin skirt – Country road
- Bag – Thrifted
- Boots – Demonia, Gravel 20
After voting I headed to my BFF Benhi’s to make cupcakes. The master plan was to copy Ems naughty penis cupcakes, but in brown instead of white to honour Obama. We were rather tipsy (ahem, drunk) when we came up with the plan! But we stuck with it…(stop scrolling now if you are at work or somewhere where it would be equally embarrassing to have a big penis made entirely of icing on your screen)
Obama, Made Of America
Note the extra large penis. That’s one stereotype I’m assuming black men don’t mind.
1. Baracks Smile 2. Red Martini
- Barack Obama – I am so in love with America right now, for the first time in my life. I said “I’m so excited” so many times last night. I also likened it to Christmas. And I believe the words “screw the NZ elections we’ve got a black president now” came out of my mouth! (If you’ve just joined us, the reason that is funny is because I am in fact a New Zealander and therefore I do not have an American president at all.)
- Midweek cocktails at Chow – At Chow you get two cocktails for the price of one on Wednesdays. They are delicious. We got a bit drunk celebrating Obama because we hadn’t eaten yet. :S
- Nasal Spray – I have a stupid cold at the moment which is blocking my nose and marking it hard/impossible to breathe through my nose. I couldn’t even breathe well enough to inhale to nasal spray last night but it still cleared it up within one minute. I am so glad I discovered this in the last couple of years, it makes it easier to do everything while you have a cold. No more choosing between blowing your nose or dribbling everywhere while you’re at the movies!
- Handwritten letters and printed photographs – I received a letter in the post from my littlest sister yesterday. She’s been very sick with adrenal gland failure for the past three months and has missed school all that time. She decided to write to keep up her vocabulary and such. She’s 13 but has acted like a 30 year old since she was a baby. :D Enclosed with the letter was a photo of her, almost all of my photos are digital these days so it’s special to have a few printed ones.
- Non religious Prime Ministers – I’m an atheist so while I support the religious Obama I prefer secularism. I was happy to hear both John Key’s and Helen Clark’s responses to questioning on their religious views were that neither of them are deeply religious. John Key does not believe in life after death and doesn’t know if there is anything up “there”, Helen is already well known as an agnostic. I’ve had less luck finding out the religious views of Jeanette Fitzsimons and Russel Norman, leaders of the Green Party, who I am probably going to vote for (I can’t believe I’m still um-ing and ah-ing about it!).
I’ve just cancelled my Bebo and MySpace accounts!
I wasn’t using them anymore, they were just more places with ramblings and photos of me that I never check. And that made them worthless.
I’m still around on Facebook and Flickr and right here :D
Just a short post today. There will be updates on the Guy Fawkes display in Wellington in the next few days, hopefully I’ll get some good pictures.
V for Vendetta is one of my favourite movies.
“Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.”
Obama is going strong at the moment with CNN reporting 174 electoral votes to Obama, and 64 electoral votes to McCain. They need 270 to win. The Democrats have been projected to win the Senate (whatever that means?).
I love you right now America and that says alot coming from me. I declared I would never step foot in America while Bush was president.
Thank you to everyone who has voted Obama xxoo
Please don’t leave it to chance, thinking Obama is going strong, and therefore you don’t need to vote. That it’s not worth it anyway because the system s corrupt.
The WHOLE WORLD is counting on you. If the world could vote shows 87% of over 750,000 voters from around the world would choose Barack Obama as the next president. New Zealand sits at 92.9% for Obama.
Also, Vote NO on prop 8.