- A return to the bad old days, it would be amazing if you could join the New Zealand Internet blackout protest for a couple of days (it runs till the 23rd). “Sections 92A and C of the amended Copyright Act establish a guilt upon accusation principle that can see anyone accused of “copyright infringement” getting his or her Internet connection severed.” -Juha Saarinen
- The evolution of life in 60 seconds. Humans are barely a blip on the radar!
- Create your own miracle. Will you be the next God on a pancake?
- Lookbook: Alice type dress, A Clockwork Orange, amazing blue petticoat, crazy black dress.
- An explanation on the evolution texts written before Darwin
- Random pics to make you laugh and go WTF.
- Religions are all alike – Founded upon fables and mythologies
- A cute recount of the State of the Web Winter 2009.
- Fat man Pepsi ads
- I just got some business cards made up for cheap, I’m not expecting them to be great quality, but along the way I found these cool ideas for cards. Part 1, Part 2.
- The most stolen song in the history of music. From The Axis of Awesome.
- I can imagine Chickie Little being a playful bitch and saying this to me. (not that I’d call myself heavy-set, just a little chubby lately :P)
- Mmmmm white wood floors and black chandeliers. One day!
- Can anyone explain to me what make Hugh’s scribbles so amazing? I’m addicted!
- Fuck My Life – My Life Sucks but I don’t Give a Fuck. The first person to leave me a comment on how their life sucks as bad as the stuff on this website gets a present. The site is actually a great read, and a great way to put things into perspective (everyone has shitty stuff happening to them all the time).
- Beautiful black dress creations. If only I could swan around in them like a goth fairy princess all the time. Chantilly courtesans, decadent designs, mathalicious.
- PZ Myers must be a strong man to listen to this crap all day. This creationist guy is stupid, racist and obsessed with incest, stating that black people come from humans mating with Gorillas. The scariest thing is that he is by no means alone in his way of thinking. And this creationist guy states that Darwinism equates to genocide, ethnic cleansing etc. PZ rebuts quite nicely though.
I like to call Xmas Present Day because it’s they day for presents and family and food. Celebration of a god I don’t believe in is insignificant.
These are the things I’m lusting after in a perfect world:
- Petticoats – I REALLY want a big fluffy petticoat. REALLY!
- Prettyfull sneakers – I already have these ones but I’m dismayed over the lack of pretty individual sneakers available. Note to shoemakers: Not all girls like wearing heels!
- Loungefly bag – I love Loungefly gear. I especially love this bag though. I WANT it. Damn you exchange rate. I’m not really asking for this stuff but if someone got me this bag I would love you forever!
- Marie Antoinette DVD – So I can play it on my computer and screen cap all the prettiness for inspiration. That’s going to be a whole lot of screen capping.
- Camera – I don’t actually own a camera of my own :S I currently use the boys one that I bought for his birthday a few years ago. He uses it at work a lot now so I can’t steal it. What kind of blogger am I?!
- Mindless Self Indulgence CDs – With the opening of JB Hi-Fi I have been lucky enough to score the CD Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy. I’m keen to get the rest of the discography though.
- Jewellery – Chunky jewellery, including this super cute baby bunny charm bracelet which I have the possibility of winning via Annie’s giveaway :D The site mentions an adult version but there’s no search function on the site and I can’t find it :[
- Hospital bracelets – I love them, I’m refusing to take off yesterdays hospital bracelet. I’d like to style them like Tilda Swinton as Gabriel in the movie Constantine. She wears them with the extra length of bracelet left in tact and words like passion and hope written on them. A metal version would be pretty damn awesome too, I found a Ksubi version a couple of years ago but it’s not for sale anymore.
- Labrets – Pretty labrets with attachments that are long enough. The pretty blue one I own now needs to be checked constantly to make sure it’s screwed on properly because the thread isn’t long enough. It’s fallen out more than once, luckily only when I’m sitting at my desk. It did come out in the shower once but I managed to save it just before the drain.
Labrets need to have more than one twist before they fall out.
- Darwin Fish – One of the little car plaques would be nice, but what I’d really love is for everyone to come to their senses and realise “There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life”.
- Glasses – Still need some scene glasses.
- Sprout the life you love – Perfect for aspiring female entrepreneurs.
Wreck this journal – I also REALLY want this. I think it’d be an excellent way to nurture my baby creative skills.
- Tattoo – This is more about finding something I love enough that I will want it inked onto me FOREVER.
- Glitter – I like sparkles so a glitter bar would be ideal :D
I’ve loved seeing everyone’s lists around! They’ve been my favourite posts of late. If you haven’t done one yet get onto it and leave me the link. Otherwise let us know what you want in the comments.
Do you live up to the expectation?
Thanks to Josh at Non-Theist for finding this.
- Top 10 Amazon.com Bible reviews. Hilarious!
- Beautiful photos – Tree lined corridor in winter, perspective is everything.
- More favourite looks from lookbook.nu – Scissors & top hat.
- NZ Girl debunks a few common misconceptions about carbs and butter
- Don’t take your frustration out in emails…not obviously anyway. See this video to find out how to subtly call the person you’re corresponding with an idiot. – Warning, it starts playing straight away without anyway to stop it so don’t click the link till you are ready.
- The wisdom of cab drivers ~ Christianity
- So far GodlessGeeks.com have listed 572 silly proofs of Gods existence. After the first few you should have the idea.
- Also from Godless Geeks
GOD ON CHRISTMAS TREES – Jeremiah 10:2-8
Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not…. They are altogether brutish and foolish.
- Heard of Rickrolled? How about Barackrolld? So AWESOME!
- A new The Watchmen trailer has been released with another great choice of songs, this one features Take a Bow by Muse. Can’t wait for the release!!