Holy moly. Last night we went to Pickle with Brendan’s family.
We were lucky enough to try the Pickle Dinner Party which we’d seen on the menu last time we were there. Basically you choose either the $35 or $45 option and talk to the chef about what you particularly like on the menu, what you dislike, and declare any allergies. The $45 menu gets you some fancier ingredients and a couple of extra treats.
Our table of six was easy, the Pickle menu is always amazing so we all took turns reading things out and exclaiming yummmmmm. The chef could do what he liked as far as we were concerned.
It was pretty much amazing. You get to try an incredible number of dishes without getting overfull and the price makes it easy to give it a go.
Here’s what we had, all food was shared on the table, except for when it obviously couldn’t be.
- Frickles (whole fried pickles)
- Raw sliced vegetables to dip in avocado and ash salt
- Individual Vietnamese salads with pulled pork
- Soy soba
- Carne salada with rocket and parmesan
- Kingfish ceviche
- Crumbed fish sliders with tartare
- Clear tomato soup
- Warm salmon with cucumber balls in butter sauce
- Lentils with fried cheese and grilled vegetables
- Duck on black rice with orange, and sesame crackers
- Chicken with basil pesto
- Creme brûlée
- Chocolate mousse with chocolate crumbs
- Salted caramel fudge
- And a white chocolate, raspberry, and peppercorn chocolate bar to take home.
(sorry about the photo quality dropping dramatically as the sun went down.)