If you’re having work problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a job ain’t one. Not till next week anyway. So till then I’ll do my part to ease the suffering at the end of your first week and offer you a bumper list of distractions. Welcome back.
- My Guantanamo Nightmare. How has America gotten away with this?
- This is Greece. A country full of people reaching for their Plan Bs and exit strategies. Eleni Zoe is experiencing it and making me cry at the helplessness I feel.
- 2011 was a bitch for so many people. The 45 most powerful images of 2011 show just how much a muderous wench mother nature can be. Fingers crossed 2012 is better for all.
- If you were interested in yesterday’s post then maybe you’d be interested in the seven questions you should be asking yourself when you’re not sure who you’re becoming. It could help you get back on track.
- I lurve gin. If you love gin too perhaps a different gin drink for every day of ginuary would appeal?
- And if gin isn’t your thing how about flavoured vodka? Laura made 2 amazing concoctions for our NY beach getaway. I spent NYE getting pretty drunk off homemade peppermint schnaps and forty-four because they tasted too good to be straight vodka. :/
- “It’s a joke!” #checkyourprivilege
- I’m still so disappointed in myself for not making it to Yayoi Kusama’s exhibition when it was in Wellington for months! Especially when I see these photos of the result of white room + kids + thousands of stickers.
- If there were to ever be an xkcd comic for me to live by it’s this one. Going on my cubicle wall on Monday. Fuck. That. Shit.
- Not all of these tips are gold but some of them are killer. Only travel with people you live with. For extended periods of time anyway. 15 golden rules to live by when traveling the world.
- Chomsky on America’s political system. (it’s short and worth the click.)
- Wear your cake and eat it too!
- Single, but really wanting children? Kill two birds with one stone. yaaaaaaay 0_o
- Texts from Bennett. So ridiculous, so funny, so scary.
- Eeeeeeeee! This hedwig costume is adorable, elegant, and not at all “sexy big bird”.
- Trees are my favourite thing in the world that isn’t my Mum. I want to stay at the Treehotel so bad!
- These 25 ideas to make life better have been all over my internet the past few days. If you haven’t seen them yet prepare to be pissed that you didn’t think of them earlier.
- Even if you don’t know who Amanda Palmer or Neil Gaiman is the story of their wedding will suck you in.
- I could eat a horse!
- How does the baby get in there?
- Oh well. (I still giggle every time I see this)
- These sacred Indian sites are so beautiful. Even without the gorgeous animals photoshopped into them.
- Wear everything. All the time! There are almost no items in my wardrobe that I wouldn’t wear just because. That has a lot to do with my level of confidence and sense of style, but also because I don’t want to hide something in my wardrobe if I really love it!
- It’s always funny when Twilight is the butt of the joke.
- Glitter polish is all the rage at the moment but it can be a nightmare to remove.
- A letter to my dead girlfriend. :'[
- AFI’s 100 best heroes and villains are even more fun when you imagine a hero in a movie with the villain of the same ranking. The best is Lassie vs Cruella de Vil.
- Smart Pretty and Awkward is one of my favourite blogs. There are always brilliant seeds that make me really think. Like this: Imagine writing down every single idea you had for a whole day, or even a week, including all the “bad” ideas. You’d have so many things to run with!
- What’s better than Ron Fucking Swanson? Cookies.
Two lesbians raised a baby and this is what they got.
They don’t tell you in the diet books that this food plan might make you SHIT YOUR PANTS!
I have zero clues about anything to do with make up…but this looks totally doable. Now where does one actually buy the tools for this trick? And how do I remind myself that I shouldn’t rub my eyes with my fists?
Klara Harden hiked over Iceland by herself for 25 days. This mini doco is beautiful and made me start looking at flight prices immediately (again). Her FAQ on the MADE IN ICELAND doco is an inspiring short read as well.
This little girl will change the world
Do you guys watch Community? The christmas episode was one of the best things I’ve ever seen. We are all still singing the songs from it over a month later.