My Absolute favourite thing of moment. Plus all of the My Drunk Kitchen videos. SO GOOD.
- Spike comb
- I am fucking awful at painting nails (and also just have awful nails), but I think I could maybe pull off this fancy little idea for ombre nails. Syl makes it look really easy.
- Cookie bowls! So simple, so genius. At xmas my brother always fills brandy baskets with mums trifle, maybe he’d like this too.
- DIY tattoo tights.
- Super keen to try out chemical apple pie! It has no apples in it. D:
- Long live the pastry queen. I always love Definatalie’s art. (I think I’d really really like some of her paisley art in my skin.)
- 365 Days of Ampersands inspired the new ampersand necklaces in my shop.
- Consequences of gay marriage
- Draw a stickman and see it come to life. Super cute.
- Maybe when someone tells you their goals and they’re different to yours they actually mean it.
- All the kids say “I love you” all the time now.
- CV writing and applying for jobs is the worst! These “buzz words” for your CV could help though. Especially if you’re like me and have completely forgotten what office managers are looking for in an employee.
- A fun way to help ensure your camera is returned to you if you leave it somewhere stupid. I always keep a business card in my camera case but this is way more fun.
- Lamebook: The LA Story. Long, but worth it.
- I’m not married, so can’t speak to actual experience, but this is definitely why I do think that marriage is still relevant. And why I really want to be married one day.
“The Fun parts of Being Married come when you accept that this is what marriage is: as well as being a patriarchal hangover and an historical structure of oppression etc, practically it is the institutionalisation of two people as Super Friends. “
- What the actual fuck. Flying while brown on September 11, 2011.
- That girl you hate. Do you actually hate her?
Getting over girl hate:
“Girl hate is not hating someone who happens to be a girl, it’s hating someone because we’re told that, as girls, we should hate other girls who are as awesome as or more awesome than ourselves. That there can ever only be ONE cool girl, ONE funny girl, ONE smart girl, etc., in a circle of people.”
Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett – The Lady is a Tramp (give it a listen even if you don’t like Lady Gaga, her voice is amazing).
‘Being Elmo’ trailer
Proposal by flash mob! I bawled a little.
I used to think that maybe, just maybe, Jugallos were just misunderstood weirdos. Now I know that they’re actually really fucking stupid. But an overarching message of family and good directing make this mini doco well worth the watch.
David Beckham undercover at Target. He’s definitely earned some cred in my book.